Thursday, September 10, 2009

Money Cures Depression

Sorry I'm late. I was depressed. Then I had to earn my daily bread. Then I fell asleep early.

This week's prognostications are being presented without the valued input of Two Gun Pete, who has chosen these two weeks to park his carcass on a lakeshore in northern Michigan where he has no access to the internet, no cell phone signal and no concern about either of those circumstances.

Let's make some money this week!

**** Troy @ Florida –36 ½
The Gators tuned up against an inferior Charleston Southern team, 62-3. Troy lost to Bowling Green 31-14. Two Gun frequently reminds me that Urban Meyer has no soul. He is not referring to Meyer's inability to dance fun-kay style, but to Meyer's propensity to savor complete and utter destruction of Gator opponents. I’m seeing the Gators here, about 51-10.

*** Eastern Michigan visits Northwestern Under 52
Eastern Michigan scored 14 points against Army in their debut 27-14 loss. Northwestern scored 47 while giving up 14 to Towson. I’m guessing that this one goes 31-17, so under 52. I wish there was a hook on the 52, but we’ll go with it as is.

** Western Michigan +1 ½ @ Indiana
Western Michigan lost 31-7 to a revitalized Michigan team at Ann Arbor. Indiana won 19-13 over Eastern Kentucky. No cute little back story here; Western Michigan is simply better.

* Air Force +4 ½ @ Minnesota
The Golden Gophers of Minnesota beat Syracuse last week by 3 points in overtime. The only reason they didn’t lose by 3 was that the converted Duke point guard who is now playing quarterback for the Orange made a horrible choice and threw a pick instead of throwing the ball away. He wastes the down and they kick a field goal and we have a different story. Meanwhile, the Air Force bombed the Nichols State Colonels 72-0 (you didn’t think that I would pass that one up, Air Force bombed the Colonels, did you?) This game will be played in the roller rink known as the Metrodome in Minneapolis, so the speed of the USAF Academy will prove deadly to the Gophers. By the way, that is Thor, one of USAF falcons, pictured above. UPDATE / CORRECTION Don't trust me, I'm telling you, don't trust me when I rely on some...ahhhh....Anyway, this is the first game at MN's fancy new stadium. No RollerDome! Air Force gets to spoil the christening of the new building, I'm staying with the prediction while revising the venue. Sorry, I should've know better. I'm going back to the basement now to sulk.

No comments: