Friday, October 8, 2010

Still Bleeding


If we don't get better fast,
the Four Star Team will be
banished to handicapping
RPS Tourneys.
 Last night's Kansas State and Nebraska contest was a complete disaster.  NB 48, KState 13.  Four star failure.  KState had an opening drive that suggested there would be some merit in wagering that the home boys were going to be fired up enough to overcome 7th ranked and Big Ten bound Nebraska.   Big Red's defense composed itself and quelled the opening uprising, then set their whopper chopper offense loose for a quick trip to the end zone.  The tone was set, talent prevailed, and we were re-educated in the folly of betting that spirit tops talent, like paper covers rock in Rock Paper Scissors.  By the end of the game I felt like using the scissors to slit my wrists before I threw the rock through the big screen.  We have sucked so far this year, and this weekend has to get better fast!

Syracuse @ University of South Florida -7 1/2 ***
Saturday 11:00 a.m. MASN
Syracuse is 3-1, 1-1 on the road.  They've beaten Akron, Maine and Colgate while losing to Washington.  Not much of a portfolio.  USF is 3-1, 3-0 at home.  They've beaten Stonybrook, Western Kentucky and Florida International while losing to Florida, an equally unimpressive body of work.  Howevah: it's homecoming in Tampa, Syracuse hasn't historically performed well there, and USF's team speed is going to be to much for the Orange to handle.    The line opened at 7 1/2 and has moved to 12, so we have a lot of company, but more points than the others from shopping early.

Our 2 and 1 stars are coming later. I'm busy being depressed right now.

3 comments:

Doc said...

I live right up the road from the stadium and driving home last night I believe I saw most of the Syracuse players imbibing and engaging the local female buskers.
For Syracuse to Tampa, it's like going from Indiana to Hawaii.
I fully support this PPP.

There's another Florida game to focus on today. UM-Florida State. Go Canes!!! Here's a little video demonstrating the importance of Special Teams. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYTp7IbZ2uY

Tampanita

PURPLE FLAG ON SATURDAY said...

"Tampanita"...I like that.

Any idea of Two Gun's whereabouts? No response to emails or phone calls for two days now. As I have lost the cocktail napkin that is the repository of our wagering strategy, I cannot share the rest of our Saturday selections.

That, however, may be good news to everyone who embraces our suggestions...

NMC said...

No, sorry. I know he went to Tommy's soccer game and the computer hasn't been cooperating. I'll call him and leave a message that he's needed.
I was wondering about today's picks.