Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday Morning : A Scientific Breakthrough

The scientific breakthrough:  there is no longer any need for gravity.  We suck enough to keep everything down.

Saturday early, on my short weekend of solitude, I headed off to St. Harrah's and made a few bucks on video poker. Good thing, 'cause we are absolutely pissing it away on football.

When faced with depressing reality, it can be helpful
to reach out to objects that make you happy.  The Big Tire,
sitting next to I-94 near Detroit, is one of those objects.
Finding a happy thing in Detroit, ha! I make me laugh.
See? It works.  Screw Detroit.  It sucks to be them.
Now I am not so sad.  Haw-haw, Detroit!
New Mexico lost again, 16-14,  this time to the only team
they had a shot at beating, New Mexico State.  So
haw-haw, New Mexico! 
   I returned to see how good the USF Bulls aren't.  Skip Holtz has his work cut out for him in Tampa.  BJ Daniels is not a very good quarterback, the vaunted team speed of the Bulls is a myth, and the offensive line is pretty offensive.  After 3 quarters, USF had a field goal, a kick return TD and a botched PAT to show for their effort.  Amazingly, that was good enough for a 3 point lead.  Syracuse is a rather nondescript football team, too, so  it's hard to render an opinion on either defense, since both offenses are crappy. The Orange did hunker down in the fourth quarter and pounded USF into dust with a 98 yard, 14 play, six and half minutes scoring drive that was mostly on the ground . USF is simply not very good, but neither are we.  We're throwing away money faster than the Obama government. Final: Syracuse 13, USF 9.  Three star suckfest.

Other stuff...the "Good Illini" showed up at Happy Valley, played well, skipped all the showboat ghetto bulls&%t  and hammered Penn State. Behave well = play well?...Dane Crist from USB is my newest unfavorite USB player, as he apparently wants to be both referee and player...and he's not the only one on that team with that inclination...Pam Ward was the announcer for Virgina vs Georgia Tech, so I had to mute the sound to check that game out...Cal Bears have some fugly uniforms, and UCLA will see them in their nightmares...How 'bout them Gamecocks...Big Mike's Purdue Boilermakers prevailed in another suckfest at Evanston as the 'Cats gift wrapped one...and finally, as I write this, the U is trailing, I'm going to watch "House" on Tivo, and I still don't know what our other two bets were this weekend.  I hate football season.  Until next week, anyway.

P.S.  today is 10/10/10.  This will never happen again.  Haw-haw! I said that about our bets Week 4.
.

No comments: