Saturday, December 4, 2010

Seeing RED

RED is a film starring Bruce Willis, with Mary Louise Parker, Morgan Freeman, John Malkovich and Helen Mirren.  RED is an acronym for "Retired, Extremely Dangerous".   Brucie is a retired CIA agent who rounds up his old mates (and some of his old enemies)  to respond to the threat that they are all facing: they're on a hit list.  It's highly entertaining, with a lot of shooting, a lot of explosions, and a lot more shooting and explosions.  In other words, it has all the stuff I value in a movie: shooting and explosions.  I suggest you spend the four bucks at the dollar show and see RED, as I did last night (it actually cost me about $40, as wife/son/son's girlfriend all went and had to be fed).  The reason I have brought this to your attention at this time is that I enjoyed the movie at the expense of not seeing Northern Illinois in our four star wager game.

We lost.  By a lot.

No comments: