Monday, January 9, 2012

Dut-dah-da-daaahhhhhh!

That's my text representation of the blare of royal horns.  Try it again now if you didn't get it the first time.

There's not a lot for me to say about tonight's game that someone else somewhere hasn't already said, is currently saying or will be saying shortly on TV, on the radio, on websites, blogs and in the surviving newspapers.  I'll post some thoughts and a choice later; as for now, I am leaning LSU.  My son is walking around challenging me with "roll Tide".  My spouse is smiling because there will be something other than football on the big screen after tonight.

I am preparing for withdrawal.  When do we start again?

UPDATE I : I bought LSU +2 1/2 at 7:24 p.m.
UPDATE II : it's halfway through Q3 and LSU's offense is still MIA.
UPDATE III : Missed! 4 field goals it all they have to show so far.  Screen passes ain't a gonna gitterdone, Lester.  Tide is a rollin'.
UPDATE IV : Lester! You watchin' this?  We need somebody else at quarterback, hear?

2 comments:

PURPLE FLAG ON SATURDAY said...

Freudian thing?

Royal horns : the color of royalty is purple : the colors of LSU???

Anonymous said...

We must come up with a ritual or coping mechanism to deal with this fateful annual day. As always your blog enhanced the college bowl season emotionally, intellectually, and financially! Also, this season TwoGunn learned how to Comment and is slowly but surely fine-tuning his typing skills. Cheers to an exciting Championship game. -Doc