Tuesday, January 10, 2012

With a Bang AND a Whimper

Excuses first.  I was about to push the button on "under" for yesterday, when it occurred to me that it was just not enough to make a payday.  I wanted to root for somebody, and I thought LSU was going to win this one. 

From the first series, it became increasingly clear that the Alabama boys were going to have none of that.  How long did you stick around?  I went to bed at 15-0.  'Bama's defense was very good last night. With the assistance of the new LSU Keystone Kops playbook, the Alabama defense was resoundingly dominant. 

The magnitude of LSU's offensive futility was mirrored in the grimaces of the LSU QB, Jordan Jefferson, who orchestrated the crescendo of this dreadful performance rather prematurely when he flipped an underhand pass into the arms of an astonished red shirted defender.  The intended receiver had turned around to block as Jefferson came thundering toward him.  The guy missed the block,too, so it was all a proper mess.

While it is the Alabama defense who are rightfully basking in the glow on the morning after, give some credit to their counterparts at LSU.  The Tigers' defense performed admirably all night long, finally surrendering a TD after I'd headed off to sleep. 

The statistics of this rout are available for your viewing pleasure here.

This was my shot at finishing the bowl season at .500, and it didn't happen.  Oh, well.

Next?  The wall that I'm patching in the basement will get finished, and the bedroom and the dining room may get painted as planned.  Mimsy will begin her annual American Idol ritual, so I need to find something to do.  Anything else to do!

Hail the champions: Alabama.

No comments: