Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Not So Successful, But Fun

In the title today I am referring to the record that I've posted thus far.  Without those heartbreaking last minute changes, I'd have a decent record.  That is just like one of my favorites about ifs, e.g. if my aunt had whiskers, she'd be my uncle.  It just ain't happening. 

There's one game today, the Sugar Bowl, featuring Michigan and Virginia Tech.  The lines are VaTech+3 with an O/U of 51. 

I'm spending the points and going with coach Brady Hoke and the Wolverines.:
1.  Hoke has speedily reinvigorated the Michigan program,
2.  there's a local lad who's their center, and
3.  VaTech is down to it's 3rd kicker, thanks to various misbehaviors by the prior pair of incumbents. 

I usually don't go with these guys, but tonight it is:
Michigan -3

UPDATE: This 3rd string kicker who is supposed to VaTech's achilles, he is perfect so far tonight, 3/3, and his points have kept VaTech in the game to this point.  He may be the posted child for the stumbling results of this year's Bowl-a-rama Wagering Extravaganza.  VaTech has just converted on a 2 point conversion to tie the game with 10:22 to go.
UPDATE II: OT-----VaTech has a TD taken off the board, their kicker finally misses and Michigan goes on to kick a 3.  Not pretty, but they win.  We gave 3, so it's a push, and a gift at that.

No comments: