Friday, January 8, 2010

IFS, ANDS & Scoreboard Archive

A favorite old saw of mine is 'if...if my aunt had whiskers, she'd be my uncle'. Such is the legitimacy of speculating 'if'.

Last night, Colt McCoy left early with an injury. While the Texas defense battled valiantly, the loss of the star QB thoroughly changed the flow of the game, too much to overcome.

Alabama is the champion.

For the record, I : with 6 minutes left, we were golden.  It was Alabama 24, Texas 21.  We had Texas +3 1/2 and under 45 1/2.

For the record, II : football games are not 54 minutes long.

For the record, III: TwoGun called me @ 54 minutes. Just like years back at Daytona 500, I knew at the instant that we were screwed.  You can't taunt the game gods.

For the record, IV: at the race in question, I was present in Daytona when TwoGun called with 20 miles left of 500.  Our wager, the leader, Tony Stewart, suffered a flat tire moments after the call. You cannot taunt the game gods.

For the record, V: I am not superstitious. Just don't taunt the game gods.  Alright, maybe I am.
_______________________
-BOWL SCORECARD-
Won 23, Lost 11
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
(W) New Mexico
(L) St. Petersburg
(W) New Orleans
(L) Las Vegas
(W) Poinsettia
(W) Hawaii
(L) Little Caesar's
(W )Meineke
(L) Emerald
(L) Music City
(L) Independence
(W) Eagle Bank
(W) Champs Sports
(W) PacLifeHoliday
(L)Humanitarian
(L) Armed Forces
(W) Brut Sun
(L) Texas Bowl
(W) Insight
(W) Chick-fil-A
(W) Outback
(L) Capital One
(W) Sugar Bowl
(W) Gator Bowl
(W) The Rose Bowl
(W)Liberty
(W)Cotton
(W)Papajohns
(W)International
(W) Alamo
(W) Fiesta
(W) Orange
(W) GMAC
(L) Championship
_________________________________

Regular season results
Wk **** *** ** * Net
1  -4   -3  +2 -1  -6
2  +4   +3  -2 -1  +4
3  +4   +3  +2 +0  +9
4  -4   +3  -2 +0  -3
5  +4   +3  +2 -1  +8
6  +4   +3  +2 -1  +8
7  +4 -3 +2 +1 +4
8  -4 +3 -2 +1 -2
9  +4 +3 -2 -1 +4
10 -4 +3 -2 -1 -4
11 +4 +3 +2 +1 +10
12 -4 -3 -2 +1 -8
13 +4 -3 -2 -1 -2
14 -4 +0 +2 +1 -1
15 +0 +0 +0 +1 +1

Net +8 +15 +0 -1 +22
____________________________

2 comments:

Doc said...

Steve, I'd say you're a soothsayer. I read on your blog that Texas lost at half time of the game last night. :) For a few seconds I thought you may have to change the ending, but alas the Crimson Tide held. Unfortunately the last ditch effort by Texas blew the wager. Maybe they should have flooded the Coliseum as a preventative measure?


Back to the last blog commentary- very hilarious. I'm a proponent of mind-body-spirit, so education and football seem to be the perfect complement.
"In Alabama, an aetheist is someone who doesn't believe in Bear Bryant."

Please share your Caesar salad story. Did you enjoy your loaded potatoes? I do enjoy them every so often. Wrap anything in mashed potatoes and Ill likely enjoy it.

Overall, Two Gun and you had an outstanding Fourstar season!

PURPLE FLAG ON SATURDAY said...

Thank you for being part of our inaugural public display of what we have done privately for 7 years now. This has been the most fun of all of them; more on that next week.

The halftime write up that you read was vaporized shortly after if was posted. I was going to head off to sleep, and I was feely largely annoyed at the turn of events. The play of the Texas defense demanded that I blow up the pre-written obituary. As for the premature pronouncement, I would revise that to "the operation was a success, but the patient still died".

As for the loaded potatoes, I nuked 'em, so that wasn't the best treatment, then I threw some hot sauce on 'em. I saved some and I'm going to try following the package instructions for preparation.

Read the Instructions, aka "a man's last option".