Sunday, January 3, 2010

Oooo...Holiday Inn Express. Somewhere

We drove.

To Tampa, that is (did I tell you, we were in Tampa?).

 If you drive there, you gotta drive home. We left there on Saturday morning and drove as far toward home as we could last night, so this morning I am unable to sleep, cocooned in a Holiday Inn Express somewhere in Indiana, or maybe Kentucky, I'm not sure, but I know it's one of those states where gas costs a lot less than Illinois.

HA-HA-HA...that's EVERY state!

Turns out that I am in Seymour, Indiana.  Before you snicker, be advised that Seymour, Indiana is the home of Katie Stam, Miss America.  She wasn't around when we arrived last night, so we are leaving early this morning.

So, how the hell do you survive in this Arctic tundra? I've been unhappy with cloudy and 70 this past week.

You gotta add up a whole week's temperatures to hit 70 up here.

Speaking of hitting stuff: how does 5 out of 5 yesterday work for you? What a day!

That's all...I'm going to try to get some zzzzzz's. Damn cold up here...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seymour, IN is also home to
John Cougar Mellenkamp. But I think he has since moved and dropped the Cougar reference

Big Mike

PFOS said...

If I had known that J. Mellenkamp was from Seymour, I might have taken the Stars' Homes Tour.

Speaking of dropping Cougar, it's only a matter of time 'till Courtney Cox's tv show gets dumped. It is right there, quality-wise, with "Hank".