Friday, December 30, 2011

4 More

11 a.m. Armed Forces Bowl from Dallas, Tulsa and BYU
Tulsa is a 1 point favorite.  I can't tell the two apart, so I've gone OVER 56.

UPDATE I: Call this the Boring Bowl.  I've been watching American Pickers on TNT instead of this snoozer.  It's going to be a loser for us, too, with two offenses that are mind numbing slow..

2:30 p.m. Rutgers and Iowa State @ Yankee Stadium, the Pinstripe Bowl
Rutgers is 8-4, Iowa State 6-6.  I like Iowa State (they beat Iowa, that makes them likable for the season), but this is a home game for Rutgers. Rutgers -1.

UPDATE: We went to the movies and saw Hugo (very good, btw) while Rutgers paid off.

5:30 p.m. Music City Bowl in Nashville, Mississippi State v Wake Forest
I got cross-eyed studying stats.  I don't know.  They both have messed up offensive units, so I'm giving it a go with UNDER 48.

UPDATE: Total 40, winner.  Ever been to Nashville?  Great place to spend a couple days.

Late game, the Insight Bowl, Iowa and Oklahoma
Oklahoma has been sliding throughout the season, their great expectations cascading to a smoldering heap.  Iowa has had its typical roller coaster season, with the cherry on top being the annual "who's the character casualty" contest.  This year's winner: star running back Marcus Coker, booted from the team for the bowl game for an undisclosed sin.  I'm not going to even attempt a witty, speculative insult. Coach Ferentz leads the civilized world in bust-out, screwed-up, kicked off the team and/or sent to jail young men parading as student athletes, and it's not funny.  Of course, I'm not an Iowa alum, so other than righteous indignation, I don't really give a rat's arse.

Enough from the pulpit.  The spread is 13 1/2.  I think Iowa will get inside the spread.  Iowa +13 1/2.

UPADATE: after 58 3/4 minutes, we were covered.  At the end, we were not.

No comments: