Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Eve 5 Spot

Meineke : Northwestern vs Texas A&M
The 'Cats are a 10 point dog against A&M.  I don't have enought faith to take 'em straight up, but I'll take 'em with the points and hope they snap the bowl losing streak with a surprise and a big game from Kain Colter.
NU +10
UPDATE I: I can't even watch my own team.  Angst...and they're about to blow my cover.   AAARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!
UPDATE II: GOD
UPDATE III: DAMN
UPDATE IV: IT
UPDATE V: i am spent...a fu$%#ing field goal with 30 seconds left...

Sun : Georgia Tech vs Utah
GT is 7-5, Utah is 8-4.  Utah is getting 2 1/2, and I'm taking it.
Utah +2 1/2
UPDATE : Utah comes from behind to win OT.

Liberty Bowl : Cincinatti vs Vanderbilt
Cincinatti gets no respect.  They're 9-3, Vandy is 6-6.  I think that's a good deal.
Cincinatti +1 1/2
UPDATE I : more excitement in five minutes here than all afternoon with IL:UCLA
UPDATE II : Munchie Legaux is warming up!
UPDATE III : Cincinnatti 31, Vanderbilt 24

Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl: Illinois and UCLA
This is the "We Fired Our Coaches Bowl".  Wonder if this has ever happened before, both teams in a bowl game without their head coaches.  The Illini won their first six, lost their next six, that cooked the Zook.  UCLA was 6-6 and defaulted into the PAC 12 championship game because USC is in jail.  Oregon beat 'em, so UCLA comes in with a 6-7 mark.  Illinois lost their lead running back for this game, ack.  I think the two teams are going to go wild on offense.
OVER 47
UPDATE : going wild for these two teams means getting 2 consecutive first downs.  This game stinks.
UPDATE : 34 points, silly me, thinking these two would be interesting.

Chick Fil A : Virginia and Auburn
I'm tired.  I'll take a position before kickoff.
UPDATE I: Auburn is the defending national champion.  Their coach is 8-0 in bowl games. They're a 3 point favorite.  Tonight, I am going with Virginia to upset them. BTW, did you know that this used to the Peach Bowl?  Now it's the Deep Fried Love Affair Bowl , yes, Doc?
VA +3
UPDATE I : I am going to need therapy.  Auburn is destroying Virginia. 
UPDATE II : Disaster, 43-24.  I'm taking tomorrow off : )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

During my last trip back to the "The Ch-ill" (as in CHicago ILLinois) I saw a Chick-Fil-A. I used to mispronounce the bowl game as the Chick-fill-uhh bowl. It's -Ay, like fill'et' for those unaware or who miss the obvious as I tend to do.
In either case I strongly recommend this southern delicacy. In fact Eric promoted it in his dating ad, and we've been in love ever since :) Better get it today though because this southern institution is closed on Sundays.

Wishing you and yours a great new year. Let's go Cats!
Doc

PURPLE FLAG ON SATURDAY said...

A deep fried love story...

Anonymous said...

I guess the lesson learned is that in any game with a deep fried title, go with the team Paula Dean would cheer for. In this case, Auburn would have been her "stick of butter".